Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A few of my favorite things

by, Chloe McMillan

As I was trying to put Chloe in bed tonight, she had a complete meltdown.  As I was rocking her, I decided to just ask her a few questions to try to distract her.  It helped a ton and then I was able to lay her down.  I wanted to share/ remember her answers since there wasn't any promptings from me or anyone else.

I first asked her if she didn't want to go to sleep because she was scared, and she said "uh, huh."  So I asked what and she told me lion.  So then we had to say a prayer that she wouldn't see any lions in her dreams and she would be safe.  This really helped her calm down so I continued with some more question.

1.  What is your favorite toy?  Fish
2.  What is your favorite color?  Red
3.  What is your favorite food?  Meat, cheese, chips, chocolate
4.  What is your favorite kids show?  Dora
5.  What is your favorite movie?  Muppets

After these questions, she showed me that she was holding her favorite blanket and had her favorite binki, layed her hed on my shoulder and relaxed enough for me to put her in bed.  I love my princess and I thought I knew her very well, but even at such an early age she has suprised me and taught me that it's always important to talk to your children and really listen to them so that you hear their "voice" in life rather than just what you want to hear/ believe/ think.

No comments: