Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A New Post!!!






It's been a long time since I last blogged, but I've had a good excuse. As many of you already know we are expecting our 2nd child in September, and we're very excited to welcome a little girl into our family! The pregnancy as of now is looking very good, and we are very happy about that since this pregnancy has already been quite the experience. So you may ask why have I not blogged about being pregnant sooner?...well, the answer to that is I've just been lucky if I've felt well enough to take care of Daniel. I got sick the beginning of my pregnancy (6 weeks along) and I was not able to eat and keep anything down. I ended up having to go into the ER because I was having cramping and I was so dehydrated. They gave me an IV and some medication to help me be able to eat again, so that baby would get the nutrients needed. Since then I'll have a few good days, and few bad days. That was until I got a kidney infection and was sicker than I've been in a long long time. The puking started again, along with a fever, chills, cramping, etc. So I got more medication to help clear that up, and this last week is one of the first full weeks that I've felt good, that I'm actually just barely starting to feel pregnant, and finally almost starting to look it (now that I'm 19 weeks along). On top of being sick this pregnancy, I'm also high risk because of my preterm labor history, that we've had plenty of doctors appointments, and they are really watching me closely. This is not such a bad thing, and I've actually really liked it. I've already had 4 ultrasounds, and it's been so fun to watch our baby girl grow in all the different stages. Daniel seems to kind of understand that there is a baby growing in my tummy, and whenever we asked him if he was going to have a brother or a sister, he would tell us sister...I always knew Daniel is a bright kid, and once again he proved how smart he is. We are so excited to be having a girl, and hopes she continues to grow on the inside, instead of the outside. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Becky R. said...

WOW! I didn't realize you'd been so sick! Good for you for hanging tough! Keep up your great work! I'm so thankful you have lots of good doctors to help you.

Britanee Walker said...

i didn't realize you'd been so sick either and i'm so sorry! hopeful you can keep her in there though :) good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Karalee said...

Congradulations. I am excited that you will have a boy and a girl. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is boring and nice and long =).

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel a little bit better. I love the ultrasound pictures, and I finally get to see some pictures of Caleb! Tell Jared to put some on his facebook so I can see more. Anyway, we can't wait to see you guys. We definitely have to hang out after we get settled in.

Mari said...

Congrats and good luck! I hope you can stay healthy the rest of this pregnancy.

Ben and Jessie Munro said...

Your pregnancy sounds IDENTICAL to mine with Landon!! I got Kidney stones when I was 24 weeks and went in to labor (because that's what kidney problems do ya know) I spent the first 6 months of that pregnancy in and out of the hospital due to dehydration and kidney infections!! I feel your pain!! Just fyi though all that pain and heartache, worst pregnancy by far...BEST baby EVER known to man!!! So serious!! Light at the end of the tunnel! Congratulations!